No announcement yet.

EAST CAROLINA (9-10, 2-4) at WICHITA STATE (8-10, 0-5) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were a high school senior committed to the Shockers next year, I would seriously reconsider because it's obvious that HCPM doesn't play freshmen.

Comment

• A bright spot tonight? Ballard with 7 blocks.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        A bright spot tonight? Ballard with 7 blocks.
        He's the only reason we didn't give up our normal 8-10 points right after half.

Comment

• I'm not blaming this on Cortes and DeGray, but we were 8-3 before they became eligible and we are 0-8 since. I'm not sure HCPM knows how to handle having choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
            I'm not blaming this on Cortes and DeGray, but we were 8-3 before they became eligible and we are 0-8 since. I'm not sure HCPM knows how to handle having choices.
            Also a difference in competition... Mills 6 year history is built on mainly beating up on 200+ teams, losing to most Top 150 teams, and occasionally losing to a 200-300 team.

Comment

I'm not blaming this on Cortes and DeGray, but we were 8-3 before they became eligible and we are 0-8 since. I'm not sure HCPM knows how to handle having choices.
              I have had that thought too. But the first sign was the Liberty game. Then the Shocker performance against SDSU at Intrust looked a lot like the performances we are seeing now.

Comment

• Folks, I am going to highly recommend heading over to the Baseball former players thread to get some much-needed life perspective.

I'm gonna call it a night, but not before making a quick stop in a couple bedrooms down in my basement.
                78-65

Comment

• Hmmmm….if we finish last, do we get first pick in the draft?

Comment

Right after their first game I suggested that a nine man rotation could very well mess up what chemistry we had playing seven

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                      Could be the Eagle Rare talking....but I am more relaxed this half....lol
                      Eagle Rare is an excellent choice - one of my favorites

Comment

• Everyone talking about a "hard reset" may need modify your expectations.

1. We must be able to hold on to Williams and Pipkin after this debacle of a season.

2. To this point in Mills' career as a head coach, he is a "one hit" wonder with Abmas.

Edit:

3. NIL
                        Last edited by ShockTalk; January 24, 2024, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Less than 4400 through the gates tonight.

Sunday will be less than that. Quite possibly a lot less.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Less than 4400 through the gates tonight.

Sunday will be less than that. Quite possibly a lot less.
                            Chiefs game at the same time .... definitely a lot less

Comment

• It was about eight games ago that I commented something to the effect - " I'll be the first to say it........Mills' is not the answer" Even I didn't know how right I was back then. Now, in defense of KP again. He played only 12 minutes tonight and was 2-3 from the field yet everyone is still all over him. QB was great but you can't pin the loss on KP. I keep telling all of you that together they are the strength of the team. Keep them both and recruit over the rest. Wish Acy could take over for Mills'.

Comment

• Isaac Brown was a much better coach than Paul Mills. There, I said it.
                                "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Working...
                                X